Cookies with a slightly soft chewy center, crisp outside with a slight coffee flavor…yum!
Makes 30-35 cookies
1/2 cup (1 stick unsweetened butter)
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
6 oz. (2/3 bag) Heath Bits ‘O Brickle Toffee Bits (found in the baking section in supermarkets)
1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons water
1. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Microwave the butter and 1/2 cup chocolate morsels on low setting until melted and stir to combine.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and coffee crystals.
5. In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, granulated and brown sugars and vanilla. Then beat in melted chocolate and butter mixture.
6. Add dry mixture to wet ingredients and mix well Stir in 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels and toffee bits.
7. Refrigerate dough about 30 minutes. Scoop well rounded tablespoons of dough and roll in your palms Place on parchment lined baking sheet – approx. 18 per sheet. Press tops down lightly with palm of your hand to flatten slightly.
8. Bake 13-14 minutes (depending on your oven) until tops are just starting to firm up and some cracks appear. Remove from oven and cool before removing from baking sheet.
9. If glazing – mix together confectioner’s sugar and light brown sugar in small bowl Add water and mix well with wooden spoon. Drizzle glaze using a teaspoon in lines over the tops of the cooled cookies. Let glaze dry before storing.
Cookies glazed or unglazed could be stored at room temperature covered for a week or frozen for months, well wrapped.